Today is February 1st, and I’m bound and determined to get this pain journal on time!! If you’d prefer to watch a video instead of reading, here’s a wee video:
But if you’d rather read (or do both), there’s not much to talk about, but plenty to celebrate!
- I skipped my period…again.
- Zero tylenol, ibuprofen, naproxen, tramadol, percocet or zofran! Z-E-R-O!
- Bowel movements and sex occurred all with ZERO pain, too!
- My incisions only bothered me a wee-bit and any pain was quickly resolved. And the last 10 adys of January: they didn’t hurt one little bit.
- There was one occurrence where I had a pulling sensation at my 2018 gut-staples spot (right colon), but I think it’s because I ate too much. When I do, I can feel a bit of a pulling or swelling down on that side. It was shortlived and a small amount.
Not much to report on that Pain chart! Woot! Ten days in January registered a smidge of incision pain. Hopefully it’s even less this month!
And…now on to the poopin’ habits!
January started off with a bang, nearly a week-straight of diarrhea. Ugh. So, my D-Numbers are certainly higher than I’d like. I don’t know if I ate something disagreeable or caught a bug or what, but let’s talk figures!
Seventy-nine (79) bowel movements in January! WHAT?! That beat December’s record numbers, too! Thirty-two (40.5%) of those were diarrhea (thanks, first week of January) and 47 (59.5%) were solid poops. I see my colo-rectal surgeon tomorrow for a hemorrhoid update and may ask for a referral to a Gastroenterology to discuss heavy-diarrhea figures. But (butt?) out of all of those poopies, NONE of them hurt. YAY! Excision surgery for the win!
I’m super excited about this month’s report! And am looking forward to seeing how long these symptom-free months last. Hopefully forever…