Hehe now this is a bit of fun! I was nominated by Elizabetcetera https://hysterectomy4dysmenorrhea.wordpress.com/ for the Liebster Award! And…I ACCEPT! (Thank youuuuuuu Elizabeth!)
Liebster Award: What the Heck is that?
It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. It’s sort of a fun way to welcome the newbs (like myself) and to pass it on…like a chain letter. Some may hate that idea, so if I’ve nominated you and you don’t want to do it, feel free to not to it 😀 No harm, no foul. But it will be a fun way to recognize those new blogs that you’ve enjoyed reading, as well as getting their name out there for others to see.
Liebster is German for beloved, dearest, and sweetheart. Awwww, put on your Feel Goods Helmet!
Here are the rules for this award:
Upon receipt of the award one is to:
- Link back to the blogger who gave it.
- Paste the award on the blog.
- Choose 5 blogs to pass this award to (they must have fewer than 200 followers).
- Let the recipients know about their nomination by leaving a comment on their blogs.
- Answer & create 11 questions.
So … to pay-it-forward the blogs I have chosen to award the Leibster are:
1. Little Sprouts Kitchen (http://littlesproutskitchen.wordpress.com/) because they post the most delicious recipes on the planet! OMG. And most of the ingredients are tailored to my Endo Diet! ❤
2. Hopefully Still Hopeful (https://endowho.wordpress.com/) because she is a very, very brave young woman coming to terms with her Endo diagnosis and sharing it with the world!
3. The Whole Life (http://thewholelife.com/) because they post beautiful things to help me stay clean and uplifted in mind, body, and soul.
4. The Endo The World (http://theendotheworld.com/blog-2/) because of the EndoLady. That is all. Pure AMAZING! Oh yeah, and her journey is a joy to follow ❤
I’m answering the 11 questions that were posed to me. If I’ve nominated you, these are your 11 questions to answer 🙂
1) Cat or dog person, and why? Cat! They’re so much more independent, and snuggly, and adorable, and fluffy, and and and…purrrrrrrry. 🙂 I’ve had both dogs and cats. Presently, I have a cat and have forgotten about my life with dogs. He’s just so…wonderful.
2) Name three things that inspire your writings or pictures. 1) My disease is a huge inspiration for both my writings and the pictures I create. 2) Personal growth! 3) A passion to share to the woooorld what’s going on inside my head and heart.
3) Why do you blog? Blogging about my Endo and the journey allows me to better understand what is going on with my body, the medical treatment, my future, and also reminds me that I’m not alone!
4) What can always make you smile? Mac & Cheese; a tender word from my Lover; and good memories with friends.
5) How did you come back from a low point in your life? Very slowly…but it was a journey of self-realization that I can do this, I am better than that, and worth more…
6) What is that one quality you look for most in a friend? That they’re as quirky as I am.
7) Give one word to describe your blog. Informative.
8) How did you start with blogging? I decided rather than inundate my Facebook newsfeed with all of the stuff I was learning about Endometriosis, I’d start a blog. That way my friends an family who didn’t want to read about it sure didn’t have to. And I could reach out to women in the world (and men) who wanted to know more about it…
9) Worst habit? I nibble the insides of my cheeks when I’m bored. Ut oh.
10) Recently discovered new food interest. Potato pancakes! OMG!
11) What do you think you’ll be doing a year from now? Hopefully be out hiking again. And camping!!! I miss those days! But I’ll definetely still be blogging and will continue to grow within that 365 day period!
And thank you to all of my followers. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact me! And if you ever have any ideas for topics regarding Endometriosis that you’re interested in learning about, Reader’s Choice Sundays!!! You can drop me a note and I’d be happy to look into it for you (and myself!)
This has been such a wonderful experience. And I cannot thank you all enough.