It’s been another draining week. A good friend of mine, Lora, left me a little Marco Polo video that I finally watched this morning. And it was so damned uplifting I asked for permission to share a portion of it here.
And here it is. May her words remind you that you, too, possess the strength to get through this.
“You’ve got this. Really. I know you’ve got this…And I know that it makes you tired. And I know that it makes you not happy. Um, but I know – I know also that things are going to work out…
I just want you to know that you are strong. I know you know that, and I know you have your bad days and I know you’re on the ground sometimes just balled up in tears, but you find strength in places where I just cannot imagine. And you’ve got to reach for that.
You’re going to get through this….
Keep up the positive thinking….
Just know that I am thinking of you and you have this amazing, beautiful, magical strength about you and just bring that up – bring that up into your heart and give yourself a limited amount of time to dwell on the negative, then focus on the positive…”
I’ve been absolutely non-stop jumping from medical appointment to medical appointment over the past few months and have a few weeks more ahead. I’ve had discouraging news on the Endo-front. And a lot of dental issues, mystery butthole issues, I haven’t been sleeping well, and whacky hormones. I’ve been hit with a few financial whammies as well. I’m just exhausted. So if you’ve reached out or wondered where I’ve been, sorry…just haven’t been in a good place lately. I miss researching and blogging, though.
But Lora’s message is well-received.
I’ve listed out the craziness of my medical appointments for 2021. No wonder I’ve been exhausted and feeling overwhelmed and overall-sad…this too shall pass and everything will be okay:
- January 5, 2021: hemorrhoid band ligation
- January 26, 2021: Covid-19 Rapid test result
- January 27, 2021: standard results Covid testing
- February 1, 2021: dental cleaning
- February 2, 2021: 1-month hemorrhoid follow-up
- February 9, 2021: 3-month Endo post-op follow-up
- February 17, 2021: cavity filling & dental implant work
- March 1, 2021: suture removal re: implant post
- March 9, 2021: 1st Covid-19 vaccination shot
- March 16, 2021: consult for throbbing root canal tooth
- March 31, 2021: scan of root canal tooth
- April 5, 2021: 2nd Covid-19 vaccination shot
- April 12, 2021: root canal tooth extraction
- April 14, 2021: consult with PCP to discuss anal leakage and possible hemorrhoids
- April 27, 2021: recurrent hemorrhoid consultation with colo-rectal surgeon
- May 3, 2021: dental cleaning
- May 11, 2021: hemorrhoid banding ligation and external hemorrhoidal anal skin tags cut off
- May 18, 2021: annual exam and pap smear
- May 24, 2021: consultation with GI regarding anal leakage
- June 1, 2021: mammogram
- June 2, 2021: annual bloodwork
- June 3, 2021: pelvic ultrasound
- June 7, 2021: cavity filling and dental impression for upper & lower implants
- June 8, 2021: follow-up re pelvic ultrasound
- June 8, 2021: hemorrhoid band ligation
- June 9, 2021: telemedicine visit to discuss bloodwork results with PCP
- June 10, 2021: eye exam
- June 21, 2021: picked up new glasses
- June 22, 2021: consult with dentist regarding newly-chipped crown
- June 30, 2021: chipped crown #13 removal
- July 2, 2021: follow-up bloodwork
- July 6, 2021: hemorrhoid band ligation follow-up
- July 7, 2021: dental implants (upper#14 and lower#30) delivery & fitting
- July 9, 2021: telemedicine follow-up with PCP re bloodwork
- August 4, 2021: dental cleaning
- September 21, 2021: 3-month follow-up with eye doctor
- December 9, 2021: pelvic ultrasound re Endometriosis
- December 14, 2021, pelvic ultrasound follow-up
Whatever you are enduring, too, shall pass and we will pull through this together.
Much love. Lisa
PS – I don’t know why, but the image above just spoke to me. I love it. ❤